Positano is a picturesque village nestled along the stunning Amalfi Coast in southern Italy. Known for its dramatic cliffside setting and pastel-colored buildings cascading down to the sparkling waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea, Positano is often considered one of the most beautiful and romantic destinations in the world.
1. Explore the Beaches: Spend some time relaxing on the main beach, Spiaggia Grande, which offers stunning views of the town. You can also visit Fornillo Beach, a smaller and quieter alternative.
2. Hike the Path of the Gods: This stunning trail offers incredible panoramic views of the coastline and takes you through picturesque villages and lush Mediterranean vegetation.
3. Visit the Church of Santa Maria Assunta: Located in the heart of Positano, the Church of Santa Maria Assunta is a must-visit. Admire its beautiful dome, stunning interior, and the famous Byzantine icon of the Black Madonna.
4. Visit the Franco Senesi Ceramics: Visit the Franco Senesi Ceramics workshop to see local artisans at work and browse their exquisite pottery and ceramic creations.
5. Take a Day Trip to Amalfi and Ravello: Consider taking a day trip to the nearby towns of Amalfi and Ravello, where you can explore their beautiful architecture, gardens, and historic sites.
1. Spaghetti alle Vongole: This classic Italian pasta dish features spaghetti cooked with clams, garlic, olive oil, white wine, and sometimes cherry tomatoes.
2. Limoncello: Positano is famous for its lemon trees and the production of limoncello, a lemon liqueur. Made from the zest of lemons, alcohol, sugar, and water, it's a tangy and sweet digestif that is often served chilled after a meal.
3. Frittura di Paranza: This is a mixed seafood fry that typically includes a variety of small fish, such as anchovies, shrimp, calamari, and small sardines.
4. Ravioli Caprese: This local specialty features fresh ravioli stuffed with creamy ricotta cheese and served with a rich tomato sauce and fresh basil.
5. Delizia al Limone: Positano offers a delightful dessert called Delizia al Limone, a sponge cake soaked in limoncello liqueur, layered with lemon cream, and topped with lemon zest.
Within 24 hours of booking
No Change Fees
Select a different trip free of charge.
Break up your payment into several installments.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join a group of like-minded digital nomads working and traveling the world together. Get updates on new deals and discounts for every destination.